Er...somethin' like that.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Every 5 Months...

...whether I need it or not.

Remember, no promises of regular updates were made.

So, what's been going on with me...

School: Plugging along, headed toward that I.T. degree. One more semester to go. Last semester was my first non-A grades at Roosevelt--2 Bs, in Network Design and Distributed Databases. I didn't try very hard in either one, and still pulled off the B. Nice.

Work: The lab aides are now part of the Educational Technology Resource Center (read: AV department), and the labs are basically no-man's land. ETRC is "don't know", and IT is "don't care". Nothing gets fixed, lab policies go out the door. But it's $8.24/hr to sit and surf on a fat pipe. So I'm staying where I am for now.

Girlfriend dumped me: Okay, so I really screwed up big time, but she won't even talk to me about what happened between us. If she's going to be that petty about it, I don't see what else I can do. It hurt like hell, don't get me wrong-- it still does. But if she can't get over her own...pride? self-importance? feelings for me? ...enough to talk to me like an adult just once, then I don't see why I should pound me head against the wall trying to get her back.

Grandma died: Not a huge surprise-- she was 81 years old and very sick. (Emphysema and lung cancer). Man, though, when they say you can't ever be ready for it, they're not wrong. The thing that's going to haunt me is the fear in my mom's voice when she screamed to me "Are they coming!?" (the paramedics) because she knew her mother was dying.

House still isn't sold: Downturn in the market means downturn in the market, no matter the real estate agent. I think that my mom should just sel the house for whatever she can get for it, take the hit and stop the ever-mounting credit card bills. She don't listen to me, though.

Yeah, that's basically been life. I haven't gone on a shooting spree or offed myself yet, so I figure things must be going okay.

I do post musings, at least daily, on my Twitter stream. I'm going to try to not let this blog fade out, but what happens kinda happens, y'know?

No comments: